Anyone who is living legally in the United States requires a visa. This can be tourists, students, or work, among others. It is essential to keep it in force, to prevent problems with the authorities. For that reason, we must know the best times to renew this vital document to be in the country.
Ideally, you should carry out this procedure with time and preparation, so you do not have to expose yourself to the risk of being deported. Therefore, you have to know how the process works and the documents that are needed to get the renewal. This is where our work at The Look can help you. We'll explain when to renew your U.S. visa.
Why renew your U.S. visa before summer?
Many people and authorities recommend going through the visa renewal process before the summer. In this way, you can avoid the increase in requests during this high season. This way you will not have to worry about delays in the process that complicate your stay or travel possibilities.
In addition, renewing your U.S. visa in advance will allow you to get more schedule options available. That is, you can go at the time that best suits your work, studies, or daily life. It should also be mentioned that this can help you plan better, to get the money from the fees and the required documents.
When is the best time to renew my U.S. visa?
Renewing the visa before the summer is always a good time to complete the process with peace of mind. However, this also depends on several factors. For example, you should consider the exact conditions of your situation or the peak travel season. It is also important to take into account the time that this process may take.
So, the idea is to do it well in advance before it expires. In this way, you can make sure you avoid inconveniences and delays that harm your stay in the country. In any case, it is always recommended to avoid the summer season. During this period there is an increase in applications and the waiting time is usually very long.
How to renew your US visa?
To renew your visa, you must bear in mind that this depends on several factors. In particular, the type of visa you have and the consulate or embassy where you have to do the process. Therefore, you have to contact them to verify all the steps of the process. The usual thing is that the renewal is carried out as follows:
- First of all, you have to make sure that you have not violated immigration laws during your stay.
- Then, you have to fill out the online application form called DS-160. This must be submitted before the interview.
- Next, you will need to schedule the appointment at your country's consulate or embassy.
- Attend the interview in question and at the end the consular officer will inform you about the approval or rejection of the renewal.
What documents do you need to renew your U.S. visa?
Before scheduling the appointment to renew your U.S. visa, you should make sure you have the required documents. Otherwise, the consular officer will reject your request. These documents usually vary due to the factors mentioned above. However, the most common is usually the following:
- Valid passport in current condition. It must be a minimum of 6 months.
- Recent photo according to the specifications indicated.
- Documents of evidence of economic and personal ties to the country of origin.
- Proof of payment of the renewal fee.
- Confirmation of Form DS-160.